The second stage in developing this Checklist addresses Parameters, Focus, Leadership – Organisational Framework and Definitions, and Management – Critical Success Factors and KPIs.
- Primary audience – small and medium enterprises, including nonprofit organisations
- Equal responsibility – for Management and Leadership
- Style and format – a guide for (a) introducing and (b) managing ethics within and from the workplace
- Clear definitions of key terms – to avoid misunderstanding, misinterpretation and unachievable expectations
- Language – practical, positive and useful
- Tools – will be built upon a strong theoretical basis, practical in nature, inexpensive in execution, and compatible with easily accessible businesses principles, practices and systems
Focus is to improve:
- Workplace behaviours, - person
- Job satisfaction, and - environment
- Performance. - task
Leadership – focus on productivity and innovation through Innovation (Continuous Quality Improvement), and Entrepreneurship (Organisational Life Cycle Management)
- Organisational framework – to identify the current situation
- Legal vehicle,
- Organizational structure,
- Core business/purpose,
- Internal context, and
- External environment.
- Definitions – to be agreed through a collaborative process:
- Making – support, supervision, systems
- Ethics – definition, components, elements
- Work – policies, procedures and work practices
Management – focus on ensuring staff job satisfaction through selection, support and supervision; and meeting the demands of individual and team roles and responsibilities through delegation and systems.
- Critical success factors – to strengthen the focus:
Endorsed by governance and/or management to measure success of the organisational impact of the Ethics Toolkit on Workplace behaviours, Job satisfaction, and Performance.
- Key Performance Indicators, measures and targets – to monitor and measure process and progress
Endorsed by governance and/or management to measure organisational, team/unit, individual and financial performance against pre-determined targets.