Jean established Roberts Management Concepts Pty Ltd in 1985 and until 2012 worked in all States and Territories of Australia and in New Zealand, USA and Canada as a consultant, facilitator, trainer, writer and speaker.
Specific corporate sector assignments included:
- 3-year consultancy with the Managing Director of a national company, one of a Group of companies in 10 countries, with headquarters in Europe: this consultancy included strategic planning, corporate negotiations, corporate writing, coordinating the national sales plan, and designing and documenting quality procedures.
- 15 month consultancy with a direct-marketing company based in Melbourne and operating throughout Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia and Singapore with design centres in New York and Europe and Asia: this consultancy included both the corporate and field structures, with considerable involvement in the analysis of weekly sales, returns, productivity figures, and resultant short-term corporate, field and market plans. Training/support activity followed, including incentive and reward conferences and events.
- Strategic planning consultancy with a national retail franchise: this consultancy involved development of a draft strategy plan as a basis for intensive internal consultation, with a clear and strong statement of corporate values/principles and operational commitment to the ‘triple bottom line’.
- Evaluation of sales submissions in a number of national companies, especially in the critical stage of introducing a new or improved product: these consultancies involved review of the structure, format and content of sales submissions nationally, design of improvements to ensure both effectiveness and consistency throughout the company, and design and implementation of a national training program.
- Evaluation of internal processes for selecting tendering opportunities or responding to tendering requirements: establishing a policy framework to ensure that tendering has the status of a core business function, improving the structure and process to support this function, introducing consistent and replicable procedures, and improving the strike rate whilst reducing the overall cost of tendering.
- Preparation for the introduction of outsourcing in a number of national companies: design of an internal process and procedure to introduce outsourcing as an effective and cost-effective business activity.
- Preparation of training materials for competency-based training: examples of competency levels include manager, team member and team leader.
The following categories on my website provide information to SMEs: